In collaboration with SSG Training
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is designed for anyone who is involved in manual handling of any kind in the workplace.
How long will the course take?
This is a half day course.
What topics will it cover?
• Manual handling facts and statistics
• What is manual handling?
• Manual handling injuries to include back pain and work related upper limb disorders
• The requirements of the law - duties of employer and employee
• Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
• The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
• The spine
• Biomechanics of lifting
• The major risk factors and the dangers of poor lifting techniques
• Safe lifting techniques with practical exercises
Is there an exam?
Candidates will be assessed by a summative assessment at the end of the course.
When will I know if I've passed?
On the day - all successful candidates will receive an SSG Certificate on completion of the course. Course certification lasts three years.
How much will it cost?
£120+VAT per candidate or Special Bundle fee of £105+VAT per candidate when booking 3 or more places.