Working at Height
In collaboration with SSG Training
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with refresher training to improve their knowledge and practical understanding of the issues associated with working safety at heights.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is suitable for all persons required to work at heights.
How long will the course take?
This is a half day course.
What topics will it cover?
• Overview of current legislation, ACOPs, and industry best practice
• Hierarchy of control associated with working at height
• Risk assessments to include relevant practical exercises
• Fall prevention measures to include scaffolds, portable aluminium towers, MEWPs and other forms of edge protection
• Fall arrest to include safety nets, bags, safety harnesses, running lines etc
• Working safely on roofs
• Fragile surfaces
• Falling objects precautions
• Use of other access equipment to include ladders, step ladders and trestles
Is there an exam?
Candidates will complete an end of course summative assessment.
When will I know if I've passed?
On the day - all successful candidates will receive an SSG Certificate on completion of the course. Course certification lasts three years.
How much will it cost?
£120+VAT per candidate or Special Bundle fee of £105+VAT per candidate when booking 3 or more places.