NICEIC Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 1 Fundamentals of BS5839 Part 1 & 6
About this course
This one day fire alarm course is aimed at practicing electricians. It provides understanding of legislation and standards relating to fire detection and fire alarm systems along with the basic principles of fire and fire behaviour in acceptance with BS 5839. This module is designed to meet the knowledge requirements of the relevant standards of the BAFE Scheme.
Who is this course aimed at?
Candidates should be familiar with electrical system design and should already work within the electrical industry and have a basic understanding of the requirements of fire alarms in the UK.
How long will the course take?
This is a one day course - 9am to 4pm (including exam).
What topics will it cover?
• Need for a fire detection and fire alarm system and type
• Legislation related to fire detection and alarm systems
• Understanding fire behaviour
• Monitoring circuit integrity
• Understanding different categories of systems life and property protection
• Detector coverage/spacings
What books will I need?
None - all training materials will be available during the course.
Is there an exam?
Yes - an NICEIC set question paper.
When will I know if I've passed?
On the day.
How much will it cost?
NICEIC, ELECSA or ECA Registered - £160+VAT (including buffet lunch, assessments and certification)
Non-Registered - £180+VAT (including buffet lunch, assessments and certification)
Special Bundle Deal - Book this course together with the NICEIC Emergency Lighting Fundamentals course for £295+VAT!
On successful completion of this course you can now consider:
• NICEIC Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 2 Design
• NICEIC Emergency Lighting Fundamentals