Advanced Learning Loans for 24+ Applicants
You can now apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan to help with the costs of a training course.
Most learners aged 24 and over, studying at Level 3 or 4 or an Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship, will qualify for these new loans from the UK Government.
The Loans are administered by the Student Loan Company for further details please visit www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/overview
The course must start on or after 1 August 2013 and be an eligible course.
To apply for a course online you will need a Learning and Funding Information Letter contact us for details.
Repayments for the loans do not start until April 2016 and you won’t have to pay anything back until you earn more than £21,000 a year, the loan doesn’t depend on your income and there are no credit checks. You can also get independent money advice from the Money Advice Service, visit their website www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
How much you can get depends on the:
- Type of course
- Course fees
- The maximum loan available for your course
The minimum loan you can get is £300.
Eligibility for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan depends on your
- Training provider
- Nationality or residency status
Your course must start between 1 August 2013 and 31 July 2014, and it must be
- A Level 3 or 4 qualification - eg A Levels
- An advanced or higher apprenticeship
· You must be studying at a college or training provider in England approved for public funding.
- Be living in the UK on the first day of your course
- Have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course
- Be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there’s no restrictions on how long you can stay)
For further details on our eligible courses and a Learning and Funding Information letter please contact DCET Training on