NICEIC Domestic Ventilation
About this course
The domestic ventilation training and assessment has been designed to provide the necessary skills in testing, commissioning and handover of ventilation systems in accordance with the latest National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Minimum Technical Competency documents (MTC).
Who is this course aimed at?
The course is designed for experienced electricians, plumbers, ventilation installers and heating engineers who wish to improve their knowledge and understanding of the testing, commissioning and certification of Domestic Ventilation Systems as well as giving them the relevant qualification to be able to apply for registration with a Competent Persons Scheme (CPS).
Registration with a CPS, such as NICEIC, will allow the installer to comply with the requirements of the Building Regulations in England & Wales and when self-certifying the work will avoid the potential of a fine of up to £5,000 by the local Building Control Body. The person ordering the work will also receive a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate and the work will also be covered by a Warranty against faulty workmanship for up to 6 years.
How long will the course take?
This is a two day course - 9am to 4pm (including exam).
What topics will it cover?
• Fundamental working principles of ventilation systems
• Minimum legal requirements
• The types of ventilation systems
• Passive Stack Ventilation
• Intermittent extract fans
• Continuous Mechanical Extract Systems (and with Heat Recovery)
• Why ventilation is important
• The varying techniques used for installation of the different systems
• The pitfalls associated with poor workmanship and misuse of ventilation systems
• Basic design system
• Preparation prior to installation
• Competent Persons Schemes
• Commissioning of a mechanical ventilation heat recovery unit
• Inspection and testing
• Certification and documentation of a mechanical heat recovery unit
What books will I need?
None - all training materials will be available during the course.
Is there an exam?
Yes - an NICEIC set question paper.
When will I know if I've passed?
On the day.
How much will it cost?
NICEIC, ELECSA or ECA Registered - £310+VAT (including buffet lunch, assessments and certification)
Non-Registered - £340+VAT (including buffet lunch, assessments and certification)