Asbestos Awareness Refresher
In collaboration with SSG Training
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is designed for those persons who have attended a UKATA Asbestos Awareness course within the last 12 months and wish to maintain UKATA certification.
How long will the course take?
This is a half day course.
What topics will it cover?
The course will refresh candidates on:
• The potential ill health effect of exposure to asbestos
• The areas where asbestos could be found
• The action to take upon discovery
The course programme also includes project work to revise:
• History, types and properties of asbestos
• Possible effects on health
• Locations/identification of possible Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
• Relevant parts of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
• Types of Asbestos Surveys
• Emergency Procedures
Is there an exam?
Candidates will be assessed by a multiple choice assessment.
When will I know if I've passed?
On the day - all successful candidates will receive a UKATA Certificate on completion of the course. Course certification lasts one year.
How much will it cost?
£65+VAT per candidate.