NICEIC Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 2 Design to BS 5839
About this course
This two day course provides an understanding of the design process of fire detection and fire alarm systems to BS 5839-1:2017. It will also enable you to complete designs for non-domestic premises. This module is designed to meet the knowledge requirements of the relevant standards of the BAFE Scheme. Before enrolling on this course, candidates must have completed the Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems Unit 1 Fundamentals of BS5839 Part 1 & 6.
Who is this course aimed at?
Candidates should be familiar with electrical system design and should already work within the electrical industry and have a basic understanding of the requirements of fire alarms in the UK.
How long will the course take?
Two days (9am to 4pm each day) including exam.
What topics will it cover?
• Understanding detection zone size
• Understanding alarm zone size
• Technology of system components and principles of detection
• Sound pressure level requirements
• Advanced detector spacings
• Understand certificate requirements
• False alarm issues
• Battery standby/capacity
• Cause and effect
• Communication with the fire and rescue service
What books will I need?
None - all training materials will be available during the course.
Is there an exam?
Yes - an NICEIC set question paper.
When will I know if I've passed?
On the day.
How much will it cost?
NICEIC, ELECSA or ECA Registered - £275+VAT (including buffet lunch, assessments and certification)
Non-Registered - £305+VAT (including buffet lunch, assessments and certification)
On successful completion of this course you can now consider:
• NICEIC Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems – Unit 3 Installation
• NICEIC Emergency Lighting Fundamentals